Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Larrieu, Christopher" <cl...@amazon.com> on 2006/05/01 22:40:56 UTC

UsageManager not firing callback to JournalPersistenceAdapter

Hi,

Several weeks ago I discovered that some odd bug was preventing the JournalPersistenceAdapter from being notified when the UsageManager registered a memory increase.  The outcome of this behavior is that when memory gets filled with persistent messages, producers block until the periodic (5 min. I believe) checkpoint task stores all messages and evicts the in-memory copies.

I was unable to discern exactly what was happening, but it appeared that the CopyOnWriteArrayList that the UsageManager uses for managing its listeners was getting trashed.  Since ActiveMQ uses a back-ported implementation of this class, I suspected some subtle misbehavior between JVM and API.

When I checked out the source from trunk several weeks ago, I found that this issue had disappeared.  Now, playing with RC3, I note that it is back.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Chris