Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Ivanovic Zoran <zo...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/18 21:50:32 UTC

Problem running the samples - XML:DB API as well as Xindice command

I have installed (i believe successfully) Xindice, on
my Windows NT 4.0 SP6 box.

Command 'xindice lc -c /db' shows two collections,
addressbook and system.

Web sample applications is running correctly as well.

When trying to run on my command prompt:
xindice xpath -c /db/addressbook -q
/person[fname='John']
nothing happend, it didn't find the requested nodes.

I tried with some ' and " variations, but no avail.

I tried with Example1.java and this fails to find
requested nodes as well.

Please let me know how to get over this novice
problems.

Thanks,
ZI

http://autos.yahoo.com

Re: AW: Problem running the samples - XML:DB API as well as Xindice command

Posted by Ivanovic Zoran <zo...@yahoo.com>.
Klemens,
I have tried that one before I made my first post, but
no difference. I seen the issue of missing '=' but
even with new xindice.bat file.

I'm more puzzled why Example1 didn't work.

Thanks for your help,
Zoran

--- "Dr._Klemens_Waldh�r" <Wa...@t-online.de>

http://autos.yahoo.com

Manifest file for examples.jar is incorrect ...

Posted by Ivanovic Zoran <zo...@yahoo.com>.
Guys,
if I try to run Example1 from your /lib/examples.jar:

java -jar ./examples.jar
org.apache.xindice.examples.Example1

and I'm getting this message:
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
./examples.jar

Looking at Manifest.mf ... nothing much there ...

Seems to me, I should forget Xindice 1.0 for the time
being and wait for better time (maybe 1.1) ??? Out of
10 different trials,  I get only 'xindice lc' to work
properly ...

ZI

http://autos.yahoo.com

AW: Problem running the samples - XML:DB API as well as Xindice command

Posted by Ivanovic Zoran <zo...@yahoo.com>.
Jeff,
I have mentioned that I played with ' and " but no
difference. No exceptions either, just returns to the
command prompt with no result.

Or better question, why Example1 is not working ? It
doesn't throw any exceptions, just failing to find the
nodes.

Thanks,
Zoran

http://autos.yahoo.com

Re: Problem running the samples - XML:DB API as well as Xindice command