Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ajit Sadasivan <as...@parabolicsoftware.com> on 2002/05/31 05:13:42 UTC

SOAP Service without WebServer ?

Hi,

    I am  new to this list and SOAP also.
 Just   trying to communicate between two Java applications
using SOAP.This is  supposed to be a  message based communication
without using any external web server ( http implementation to be part of
the  applications).The transport is suppoed to be TCP / HTTP.

(1)As far as we have seen, the server side implementations of SOAP are mostly
tied to the web server.Is there any other ones so that we can have a look at it ?
(2)We also see that the soap 1.1 implementation  supports http & smtp ( & pop )
as transport in server side.Is there any tcp based implementations ?
(3)Is there any guidlines on design of SOAP messages ( XML ) for application to
app. communication ?

Please  guide us.

Ajit.S