Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Klein, Scott @ TW" <sc...@L-3com.com> on 2002/06/07 20:57:36 UTC

Filters and configuration

Are filters meant only to be added programatically, or can they also be
added in the configuration file? I have not seen mention of them in any
sample config files I have seen so I am assuming they must be added
programtically - however, the appenders (I assume) use a LevelRangeFilter by
default but this is not set by anything like:

log4j.appender.MyAppender.filter=MyFirstFilter
log4j.appender.MyAppender.filter=MySecondFilter

log4j.filter.MyFirstFilter=com.foo.MyFirstFilter
log4j.filter.MyFirstFilter.attribute1=value1
log4j.filter.MySecondFilter=com.foo.MySecondFilter
log4j.filter.MySecondFilter.attribute2=value2

which would be my first inclination....

Scott Klein

L-3 Communications
Telemetry-West