Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com> on 2007/05/11 16:38:17 UTC

source jars

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I can't find the right
docs.

I'd like to setup a best practice for my devs such that when they add
dependencies, they are including the source jars.   This is referring to
adding them to the repository.      Does the format (naming) matter?   I
assume it should be jarname-source.jar and live in the same dir as the
dependency.

Does the eclipse plugin integrate with this at all?   E.g., once I have
a beautiful source repository how do I get them down to my eclipse
environment?

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road

Suite 300

Austin, Texas 78746

O: 512.617.5314

F: 512.617.0466

Re: source jars

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/07, Loehr, Ruel <rl...@pointserve.com> wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction?  I can't find the right
> docs.
>

> I'd like to setup a best practice for my devs such that when they add
> dependencies, they are including the source jars.   This is referring to
> adding them to the repository.      Does the format (naming) matter?   I
> assume it should be jarname-source.jar and live in the same dir as the
> dependency.

The naming doesn't matter that much, Ivy is flexible, but usually we use
source as type and jar as ext.

Does the eclipse plugin integrate with this at all?   E.g., once I have
> a beautiful source repository how do I get them down to my eclipse
> environment?

IvyDE deals with source if you delcare them as published artifact. You can
confugre their type, but by default its 'source' for sources and 'javadoc'
for javadocs. The current trunk version also deals with non declared source
and javadocs artifacts for maven modules. But you'd better give it a try
when you think you have an appropriate solution.

Xavier

Ruel Loehr

> Configuration Management
>

> Pointserve, Inc.