Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/28 17:09:07 UTC

[Code Conventions] Increasing Line Wrapping to 120

Hi All,

In synapse we are using 100 as the maximum number of characters in a single
line.
It is documented in our development best practices too.

I think it was decided nearly a decade ago.
Now with wide screen monitors and with new IDE versions etc. we should
increase it up to 120.
I found some other apache projects now use 120 as the limit[2] too.

Wdyt ?

[1] http://synapse.apache.org/dev/best-practices.html
[2] https://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html

--
*Isuru Udana*
Associate Technical Lead

*; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com>email: isudana@gmail.com
<is...@gmail.com> blog: http://mytecheye.blogspot.com/
<http://mytecheye.blogspot.com/>*

Re: [Code Conventions] Increasing Line Wrapping to 120

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Sounds reasonable to me. +1

Thanks,
Hiranya