Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xiaoyong Zhu <xi...@microsoft.com> on 2014/09/01 15:52:13 UTC

how could i distinguish tables/views in one API?

Hi Hadoop experts,

Does anyone know that is there a way to distinguish between tables/views at the loading time? Currently the webHCat API just has a get table API<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/WebHCat+Reference+GetTables>, which returns some basic information of a list of tables/views  – but it does not distinguish between those two entities in that API. We don’t want to query for details for each table since that may take a long time – so is there a method to get the basic properties of all the tables/views at the same time so we could distinguish them?
Thanks☺

Xiaoyong