Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeetendra Mirchandani <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/16 14:04:34 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass and 302

Hi,
I didnt find such an issue in the archives.

The problem I am facing is that Proxypass is not working correctly with HTTP 302
Let me exaplain my config:

I have a Org wide Virtual server, that reverse proxies each Department.
So when I request for "MyDept.org.com"
Org.com will reverse proxy and get me my dept website.

Now, on mydept.org.com, I write a proxypass to an internal machine:
personal.org.com

Proxypass /~user/project  http://personal.org.com/~user/project
ProxypassReverse /~user/project  http://personal.org.com/~user/project

Now, if personal.org.com gives me a 302, from inside the org, it works
correctly.

But from outside, I get a bad Location header

 wget  "http://mydept.org.com/~user/project/login" -S

Resolving mydept.org.com... 59.163.25.60
Connecting to mydept.org.com[59.163.25.60]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
 2 Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:41:14 GMT
 3 Server: Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora)
 4 Pragma: no-cache
 5 Cache-control: no-cache
 6 Expires: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 00:00:00 GMT
 7 Location: http://mydept.org.com, 10.105.1.3/~user/project
 8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
10 Connection: close
Location: http://mydept.org.com, 10.105.1.3/~user/project [following]
--17:20:03--  http://mydept.org.com,%2010.105.1.3/%7Euser/project
           => `-'
Resolving mydept.org.com,%2010.105.1.3... failed: Host not found.

See the location header above. It has the hostname and IP of
myhost.org.com seperated by a comma and space, which screws up things

Any insigt on the problem and a possible solution?
Please CC me on any reply as I am subscribed to digest mails

TIA,
Regards,
Jeetu