Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by himanshu <hi...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/01 21:24:08 UTC

write behind not working for RDBMS

Hi,

I am using ignite 2.7.0, when I am trying to test write through and write
behind, I am running in to issues. when I enable write through I am able to
write to mysql database while in case of write through data is not getting
written in database. any help is appriciated

CacheConfiguration<Long, Employee> employeeCacheConfiguration = new
CacheConfiguration<>("EmployeeCache");
		employeeCacheConfiguration.setIndexedTypes(Long.class, Employee.class);

		employeeCacheConfiguration.setWriteBehindEnabled(true);
//		employeeCacheConfiguration.setWriteBehindFlushFrequency(1);
		employeeCacheConfiguration.setWriteBehindBatchSize(1);
		employeeCacheConfiguration.setWriteBehindFlushSize(1);

		employeeCacheConfiguration.setReadThrough(true);
//		employeeCacheConfiguration.setWriteThrough(true);

I tried various configurations such as flush frequency, batch size etc but
write behind is not working :(

Re: write behind not working for RDBMS

Posted by himanshu <hi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarification, I tried with both write behind and write through
flags enabled and it is working fine now

Re: write behind not working for RDBMS

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

writeThrough property enables cache store integration overall, while
writeBehindEnabled property controls whether store updates are async or
not.
So this is correct behavior.

Evgenii