Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gavin Lei <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/30 04:51:16 UTC

[SCXML] Actionscript SCXML engine

Hi guys,

I am a doctor student from China. My name is Gavin Lei. I have much
Flex/Flash development experience, and you know that we usually use Flash
actionscript to develop some cartoon application, such as some thing move in
the screen. Recently, i noticed that SCXML may be a good solution for this
kind of application, it can control state and transation very well.

But sadly i can not get any good ActionScript based SCXML engine, and we
know we have a Java based SCXML engine under Apache Commons, so i want to
develop a similar actionscript based SCXML engine. I will finish this job
step by step:

step 1:
Finish basic element parse job for SCXML document, these elements includes:
SCXML,state,transition,parallel,initial,final,onentry,onexit and some other
relative basic element. I will implenent them in actionscript, parse them
into ActionScript object.

step 2:
Finish execute content elements parse job for SCXML document, parse Raise,
If, ElseIf, Else and Log into Actionscript object, and we should involve
Data Model elements parse job too, for example, we usually use datamodel
element as If elements' parameter

step 3:
Just like Commons SCXML engine, we should build TriggerEvent, Step, Status
and SCInstance and basic SCXMLExecutor here, package a basic SCXML executor
engine here.

After these jobs, i will put myself upon thinking about the most useful
CustomAction implemention in this ActionScript SCXML engine.

Any good advises? please let me know, thank you.

--
---------------------------------
Best Regards

Re: [SCXML] Actionscript SCXML engine

Posted by Libor Jelinek <lj...@virtage.com>.
Hello Gavin!
It sounds like very ambitious goal. Go for it.

I don't know ActionScript but I should have syntax derived from
JavaScript (ECMAScript). There is already JS SCXML engine at
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/gsoc/2010/scxml-js/ so you use it
like base or at least for inspiration.

God bless you!
Libor

Posted by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.
Yes, that was a bit confusing. Thanks for clearing that up :P

Cheers,

Jake

Posted by Gavin Lei <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
---------------------------------

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacob,

Posted by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

It sounds like a good idea. Anyway, if you want to do something, you should
just start your job. If you hava got something, you can show it here. May be
there will be more guys like it.

But i think may be your idea is a very large project, it is not a easy thing
if you want to finish this ActionScript engine well. As we know, Rahul
Akolkar finished Commons SCXML java based SCXML engine, may be you need more
advises from him. BTW, he is a warmhearted guy :-)

在 2011年1月30日 下午2:43,Gavin Lei <ga...@gmail.com>写道:

Posted by Gavin Lei <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,

Posted by Jacob Beard <jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>.