Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2004/01/31 17:34:27 UTC

Problem using the scheduler in default pub

I have encountered two problems when using the workflow->schedule
function.

1. After clicking "schedule" on the workflow->schedule screen I get a
blank page, so redirection to start page is not working
Is this an issue for bugzilla?

2. I can schedule a document which isn't submitted and confirmed.
Comments on this?

Rolf Kulemann

Always remember:
	"There is inherently no silver bullet." - F.Brooks

PGP/GPG public key:
	http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: Problem using the scheduler in default pub

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 08:54, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>This is not a bug, but a feature. The workflow is evaluated
>>only when the job is executed. Imagine, you schedule a job
>>and "break the conditions" later, e.g., by rejecting the
>>document.
>
> How does the user know, that the has been rejected for publish
> (schedule)?

I'm not sure what you mean, could you give an example?

 > Ok. But I think the user should be warned somehow.

+1 - not much effort :)

-- Andreas

Re: Problem using the scheduler in default pub

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 08:54, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> 2. I can schedule a document which isn't submitted and confirmed.
> >> Comments on this?
>
> This is not a bug, but a feature. The workflow is evaluated
> only when the job is executed. Imagine, you schedule a job
> and "break the conditions" later, e.g., by rejecting the
> document.

How does the user know, that the has been rejected for publish
(schedule)?

> Furthermore, you might want to schedule the
> publish job before confirming the document.

Ok. But I think the user should be warned somehow. We can use text to do
so on the schedule screen?

I will change the bugzilla entry soon.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

[...]

>> 2. I can schedule a document which isn't submitted and confirmed.
>> Comments on this?

This is not a bug, but a feature. The workflow is evaluated
only when the job is executed. Imagine, you schedule a job
and "break the conditions" later, e.g., by rejecting the
document. Furthermore, you might want to schedule the

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 17:37, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > I have encountered two problems when using the workflow->schedule
> > function.
> >
> > 1. After clicking "schedule" on the workflow->schedule screen I get a
> > blank page, so redirection to start page is not working
> > Is this an issue for bugzilla?
>
> i just tried it here, and i dont get a blank page. can you try to figure
> it out in more detail?

Yes. It worked today. I haven't changed anything. I will investigate
this behaviour and will come back to it later if appropriate.

> > 2. I can schedule a document which isn't submitted and confirmed.
> > Comments on this?
>
> the menu requires a check about the workflow status in generic.xsp
> that would be a valuable addition, and quite easy to do. feel free to
> file a bug

I have filed a bug.

I wish you all a nice weekend.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.