Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/19 03:26:06 UTC

[ANN] New committer -- Andrey Razumovsky

It is with great pleasure that I get to announce that the Cayenne PMC
has voted to make Andrey Razumovsky a committer of the Apache Cayenne
project.  Andrey, as you likely know, was our Google Summer of Code
student this summer.  He has made a large number of contributions to
the modeler application and expressed great interest in other aspects
of the framework.  I'm glad to see that I didn't scare him off as his
mentor, either.

Andrey, welcome to the team.  Now we just need to do some procedural
items to get you really going.  In the meanwhile, please feel free to
read up a little on your new role:

http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

Once again, congratulations.

--
Kevin

Re: [ANN] New committer -- Andrey Razumovsky

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 27/09/2008, at 5:03 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> You've probably received an email from Apache root already about
> your new account creation. I just setup SVN permissions for Cayenne
> project for your new ID: "andrey", so you should be able to commit
> code to Cayenne. Let me know if it doesn't work. I also updated the
> contributors page on the website (it will take an hour or so to
> propagate to the live site).

Hi Andrey

As a test that your svn access is working OK you might like to update
the top level pom.xml file with your details.

Cheers
Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: [ANN] New committer -- Andrey Razumovsky

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Andrey,

You've probably received an email from Apache root already about your
new account creation. I just setup SVN permissions for Cayenne project
for your new ID: "andrey", so you should be able to commit code to
Cayenne. Let me know if it doesn't work. I also updated the
contributors page on the website (it will take an hour or so to
propagate to the live site).

And congratulations again on becoming an Apache committer :-)

Thanks,
Andrus

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Andrey.
Its is great to see the Cayenne team growing.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Congrats, Andrey! Welcome on board in the new role :-)

Please email me a couple of UNIX id's that you'd prefer to have as
your Apache ID, and I'll open infrastructure request to create all
needed accounts. After that I'll be able to give you commit
permissions on the repo.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 19/09/2008, at 7:04 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> Brilliant! Welcome. Your ideas list was a good one, and I'd
> particularly like to revisit the thorny issue of generifying
> SelectQuery and friends. There was a long thread about that already
> [1] which you might like to revisit before you think about it too
> much.

Oops. That would be

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ts4zjelowa55nfgg

-------------------------->

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 19/09/2008, at 5:35 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

> My contributions will likely follow the suggestions I've done before.

Brilliant! Welcome. Your ideas list was a good one, and I'd
particularly like to revisit the thorny issue of generifying
SelectQuery and friends. There was a long thread about that already
[1] which you might like to revisit before you think about it too much.

Anyhow, welcome, and don't be afraid to raise any ideas or issues we
could improve the team or the product.

And if you ever find yourself in Sydney, Australia, please drop by :-)

Regards
Ari Maniatis

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
I'm a bit surprised and very happy to hear that! I will try my best to
follow the standards and improve Cayenne futher. Thanks, Team!
My contributions will likely follow the suggestions I've done before.
Some GSoC legacy waits, too.

Andrey

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@gmail.com>.
Congrats, Andrey!