Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 21:17:48 UTC

Confusing naming of Manifold Connector Framework resources

It's quite difficult finding the resources for the Manifold Connector Framework.

The Incubator web-site is at:

http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/

SVN appears to be at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/

The Java package is

org.apache.manifoldcf

So the project currently uses the following 3 ids:

connectors
lcf
manifoldcf

in different namespaces.

This is going to be very confusing when the project graduates;
normally the Java package, SVN tree, website and PMC share the same
id.

Re: Confusing naming of Manifold Connector Framework resources

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 20:29, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The official name of the project has changed repeatedly.  The current
>> official name is "ManifoldCF".  The community expects to change both
>> the SVN root and the web-site root upon incubation in any case, which
>> is why we have not changed either of these yet.
>
> OK, I see.

Sorry, that should have been "graduation", not "incubation".

>> A bigger area of
>> concern is the prefix used for ManifoldCF tickets in Jira, which is
>> CONNECTORS-xxx.  This is apparently very difficult to change without
>> losing a project's old tickets.  I am hoping that change will not be
>> needed.
>
> The Java package name hopefully won't need to be changed either ...

We don't believe so.
Karl

Re: Confusing naming of Manifold Connector Framework resources

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The official name of the project has changed repeatedly.  The current
official name is "ManifoldCF".  The community expects to change both
the SVN root and the web-site root upon incubation in any case, which
is why we have not changed either of these yet.  A bigger area of