Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 01:42:04 UTC

Re: From Posterous to RollerBlog

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Nicolas Muller
<n....@nouvellemarque.com> wrote:
> I would like to autopost from Posterous directly into RollerBlog. I
> understand I cannot use BloggerAPI from Posterous because we need to be
> authenticated through Google.

You should be able to use Blogger API, or better yet the MetaWeblog API.

Roller's XML-RPC interface conforms to the old "Blogger API" -- but
there is no requirement to authenticate through Google. It also
conforms to the MetaWeblog API.

> Therefore I can specify any other blogs into Posterous but only for this
> condition I would like to understand why I cannot do it. Is RollerBlog support RSD ?

Roller does support RSD, but you have to put something in your blog's
templates if you want RSD support. For example, my blog includes the
#showAutodiscoveryLinks() macro, so I get this in my blog's HTML:

<link rel="EditURI"   type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD"
href="http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/rsd"/>

Hope that helps...

- Dave