Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by An...@asc-ag.com on 2002/09/06 10:13:09 UTC

SOAP for IBM iseries

Hello,

I want to use SOAP on an IBM iseries (AS/400) and my question is, if SOAP
is implemented on AS/400?

Best regards,

ASC Automotive Solution Center AG
Andreas Becker

Re: SOAP for IBM iseries

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
>From http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html comes the following

Apache SOAP has the following requirements:

  a.. Java 1.2 or higher, and a servlet engine supporting version 2.1 or
higher of the Java Servlet API
  b.. A JAXP compatible, namespace aware XML parser
  c.. JavaMail (mail.jar) and the JavaBeans Activation Framework
(activation.jar)
  d.. XMI encoding requires use of Java 1.2.2 and XML4J 2.0.15. Your
classpath must have xerces.jar first and then xml4j.jar next in that order.
  e.. Implementing services in scripting languages requires the use of Bean
Scripting Framework.
  f.. SSL (HTTPS) support requires Java 1.2.1 or later and the Java Secure
Socket Extension.
  g.. The SMTP transport requires the SMTP and POP3 Bean Suites.

<<<<

I assume there is a Java 1.2 or higher JVM for AS/400.  Since you can use a
pure Java servlet engine such as Tomcat, I believe you should be able to run
Apache SOAP on AS/400.

Scott Nichol