Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by xing zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 04:22:40 UTC

the max-width for css-style should be taken into consideration when drawing text

    Hi , I open an issue for support max-width in iOS, as it works well
both on Android and web.

As I test the css for `max-width`, it works well both on Android and Web
platform except iOS.
Here is the test code on DotWe  website:

http://dotwe.org/vue/7e556c582a55630518d0bf6336ddde0e

When meassuring the width of drawing text , the max-width of css-style
should take into consideration.It seems that only width for css-style works.

The attachment  is the screenshot both on iOS and  web(html5).

..
[image: 内嵌图片 1]

And later, I will open an pull request to resolve this bug.

回复:the max-width for css-style should be taken into consideration when drawing text

Posted by "谷宝剑(剑白)" <ji...@alibaba-inc.com>.
great work,  specific width and height,  improve text measure performance.
------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:xing zhang <zh...@gmail.com>发送时间:2017年11月6日(星期一) 10:55收件人:dev <de...@weex.incubator.apache.org>主 题:Re: the max-width for css-style should be taken into consideration when drawing text
It's related with the algorithm drawing text: consider width first,  if the
css width is not specified, (consider about max-width now ) then we use
`infinite` width as it's width meassuring the height.  But people may don't
know it's text width , the max-width is set.
In a words, calculate text height accords the width input.

As for max-height in mdn:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/max-height , max-height
overrides height, but min-height overrides max-height.  It behaves more
like `height`. They all clip the content when it's content exceeded,  so
people can now specify height.

We consider max-height/height less when drawing text, people can use
`height` to clip content calculated.

Posted by xing zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Feng <cx...@gmail.com>.