Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/24 20:06:13 UTC

Voting a release in the podling list with IPMC binding votes, was: Re: Notification of a(nother) release vote for Tuscany

So, just to make sure I understand it now, even tough we might have three +1
IPMC binding votes in the podlign dev-list, we would still have to run a
voting thread on this list and wait for three +1 IPMC biding votes ?

On 11/22/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/22/06, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Jeremy, this is my understanding as well...
> > If we get the three IPMC +1 votes on Tuscany devlist, we could do
> something
> > simmilar to this thread :
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40incubator.apache.org/msg11681.html
>
> this example may be misleading
>
> that's for the acceptance of a new podling. the process for this case
> is lazy consensus. no IPMC vote is required at all. if any IPMC
> objects then they need to -1 and force a vote on the issue.
>
> release votes *always* require active approval which is why 3 IPMC
> votes are required
>
> note that there is a very vocal and quite sizable group of IPMCers who
> object to IPMC releases votes being held on podling lists
>
> FWIW i don't understand why given a quorum of three IPMCers in favour
> of a release there should be any problem passing a vote on the general
> list. the usual issue with releases is a lack of interested IPMCs not
> active obstruction...
>
> - robert

Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Voting a release in the podling list with IPMC binding votes, was: Re: Notification of a(nother) release vote for Tuscany

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Apologies, wrong list.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Fwd: Voting a release in the podling list with IPMC binding votes, was: Re: Notification of a(nother) release vote for Tuscany

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

To: general@incubator.apache.org

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.