Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Anderson, Jessica" <Je...@trs.state.tx.us> on 2001/03/06 21:42:40 UTC

Cannot retrieve definition for form bean

I have seen a few messages regarding this error and all refer to using
<load-on-startup>.  I have done this and, like the example, have used 1 as
the value (though I am not certain what the value means.)

I am using the <html:form> with an <html:select> and attempting to create
the options with a collection.  The jsp doesn't do much more...just trying
to get the select example to work barebones.

my collection is named "group".  Anyone know why I am receiving this error?
thanks,
Jessica

Re: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean

Posted by Mikael Eriksson <mi...@bea.com>.
I think it should be:

 The collections should contain beans that has a property groupName.

 Regards
 Mikael (Who has been wrestling with the options tag quite a bit today ...)