Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ralph Churchill <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/29 21:35:18 UTC

table component suggestion

I'm creating a table in which individual table values
(i.e. some <td>s) will need to have their CSS class
changed depending on their contents. In other words,
only a single column in certain, specific rows will
need to have their class changed. Basically, I'm
"highlighting" certain cells.

I'm trolling for suggestions on which Component is
most appropriate... a simple ListEdit or Foreach or
some combination of contrib:Table and its related
Components... I'd like the sorting and what not in the
contrib:Table, but is there enough granularity without
a lot of extra work?

Any opinions are welcome. Thanks.

RMC

Re: table component suggestion

Posted by Ralph Churchill <mr...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using: TableView -> TableRows -> TableValues

<component id="tableValues"
type="contrib:TableValues">
  <binding name="class" value="valueClass"/>
</component>

So, I have a function "getValueClass"... how can I
determine -- from that function, at that point --
which row and column I'm in?

RMC