Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bryan Lehane <br...@netspace.net.au> on 2006/03/21 08:37:43 UTC

Commit Template

Hi there,

I have heard that a commit template is an upcoming feature of Subversion but for the moment it can be implemented
using hooks. I am new to Subversion and have no idea how I'd go about doing this. Does anyone know how to do this?

PS when I say commit template I mean when I type "svn commit" a template will appear that my team members will
fill out:

                    Team A SVN log message

Description :

Reason  :

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Re: Commit Template

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
Bryan Lehane wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have heard that a commit template is an upcoming feature
> of Subversion but for the moment it can be implemented
> using hooks. I am new to Subversion and have no idea how I'd go about
> doing this. Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> PS when I say commit template I mean when I type "svn commit" a
> template will appear that my team members will
> fill out:
>
>                     Team A SVN log message
>
> Description :
>
> Reason  :
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bryan
FYI - If there are members of your team who use Windows, TortoiseSVN
allows some formatting of the log message.

Regards,
Frank

Re: Commit Template

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 21, 2006, at 09:37, Bryan Lehane wrote:

> I have heard that a commit template is an upcoming feature of
> Subversion but for the moment it can be implemented
> using hooks. I am new to Subversion and have no idea how I'd go
> about doing this. Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> PS when I say commit template I mean when I type "svn commit" a
> template will appear that my team members will
> fill out:
>
>                     Team A SVN log message
>
> Description :
>
> Reason  :

It cannot be implemented in a hook, but it can be enforced in a pre-
commit hook: that is, disallow any commit whose log message does not
match the format you require, and distribute (by some other means,
such as email) the template all users are to use.