Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Tuan, Frank" <fr...@amazon.com> on 2005/06/21 22:54:27 UTC

Disk cache

Hi all,

How can I trigger JCS to persist the objects in memory on to the disk?  I have a cache region defined that remains unchanged after it's built.  I would like to configure JCS to persist the content of the cache to disk ASAP after it's built.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: Disk cache

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
There is no way to force all items to be in memory and
on disk, but this would be a small change to make it
possible.

You may not need this though.  I guess you want to do
this in case the system is not shutdown properly.

If you can insure proper shutdown.  Then the region
will be written to disk on shutdown.  There was a bug
with the shutdown spooling process.  Perhaps you ran
in to this.  It it fixed in the latest version.

If you don't want to have the content in memory, then
set the memory size to 0 for the region, use the disk
cache and everything will come from disk, except the
keys.

Aaron