Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mikko Ruohola <po...@verkkotieto.com> on 2003/08/19 07:49:23 UTC

need help with this.. snv commit etc.

we have kind of a wierd enviroment.

problem:
not owner of files in .svn

when:
multiple users commit from save workdir.
any workarounds?

this is because we make php software that can only be run on server, not
on workstations... hard to explain... but does anyone have any ideas?

Re: need help with this.. snv commit etc.

Posted by Mikko Ruohola <po...@mail.verkkotieto.com>.
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Michael Wood wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 10:49:23AM +0300, Mikko Ruohola wrote:
> > we have kind of a wierd enviroment.
> >
> > problem:
> > not owner of files in .svn
> >
> > when:
> > multiple users commit from save workdir.
> > any workarounds?
> >
> > this is because we make php software that can only be run on server, not
> > on workstations... hard to explain... but does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Please provide more information about what you are doing and what the
> problem is.  Do you mean that you have different users sharing one
> working copy?  Subversion is not designed with this in mind.  If more
> that one Subversion command is running on the same working copy at the
> same time, they will fall over each other, because of the working copy
> locks.
>
> If you can ensure that only one person is actually working in the
> working copy at a time, then I suppose it should work, as long as the
> files are all still accessible to all users.  You might have to have a
> wrapper for svn that sets the umask appropriately.  Not sure if this
> would be enough, though.

problem is that some files in .svn directory(I think text-base or
something like that) are read-only, and svn commit tries to do something
to them. there is no problem with svn running same time, just "not owner"
error.

svn: Commit succeeded, but other errors follow:
svn: Problem running log
svn: Error bumping revisions post-commit (details follow):
svn: in directory '/opt/apache/htdocs/svnt'
svn: start_handler: error processing command 'committed' in
'/opt/apache/htdocs/svnt'
svn: error replacing text-base: ChangeLog
svn: Not owner
svn: svn_io_set_file_executable: failed to change executability of file
'/opt/apache/htdocs/svnt/ChangeLog'

well I'll bet that tells you more than me! :( lousy explainer :)

Re: need help with this.. snv commit etc.

Posted by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>.

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>