Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Dickson <md...@redhat.com> on 2008/06/05 22:48:08 UTC

mod_jk api?

Is there any way/api to talk to mod_jk to tell it of a new Tomcat
instance to register it automatically to take load?  The only way I can
see of doing this is to POST to /jkstatus.  Ideas?

MikeD

Re: mod_jk api?

Posted by Mike Dickson <md...@redhat.com>.
Thanks I may *have* to give it a try.  It's a compute farm, and we need
to be able to provision say 500 servers today to do something then turn
them off two weeks from now.  Needless to say, no one wants to do this
by hand.  I am working w/ our internal guys (You know them I assume.) to
encourage this type of feature set.

Thanks,

MikeD

Re: mod_jk api?

Posted by Mike Dickson <md...@redhat.com>.

Re: mod_jk api?

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.

Re: mod_jk api?

Posted by Mike Dickson <md...@redhat.com>.
What kind of API like SOAP or URL?

MikeD

Re: mod_jk api?

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Mike Dickson wrote:
> Is there any way/api to talk to mod_jk to tell it of a new Tomcat
> instance to register it automatically to take load?  The only way I can
> see of doing this is to POST to /jkstatus.  Ideas?

No other way at the moment. There are plans around JK3, but there's no
reliable schedule for that now.

> MikeD

Regards,

Rainer