Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Brian McInerney <bm...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/28 16:20:58 UTC

Maybe we should check documentation for /etc/spot.conf as well?

Last week, we suggested that we needed to document the “ingest_spot.conf”
config file, because it was poorly documented on the website. The other
major config file, /etc/spot.conf, looks like it has much more mature
documentation on the website, but perhaps we should review whether this
information is current and accurate so that we have a source of truth.

Re: Maybe we should check documentation for /etc/spot.conf as well?

Posted by Tadd Wood <ta...@apache.org>.
Yes I agree that we should review this, and add better documentation and
code comments around spot.conf. There’s notes on the website about certain
variables being deprecated and we should make a note both on the website
and in the code what versions those variables became deprecated to help
reduce confusion.  More example values for the configs would also be great.

Thank you,

Tadd Wood