Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <DN...@hibbertgroup.com> on 2007/01/10 15:51:43 UTC

[OT] RE: That doesn't work ...

From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> If you were interested in answering the question, you should have
> asked for more information. Instead, you called the OT an idiot.

Actually, I suggested the poster to encapsulate the question and provide
enough information to allow people to answer it without having to
investigate further than the post, which in this case would have been
trivial.

It is a rare occasion that I will call people names and I take umbrage
at the suggestion that that is what I did, because clearly, I didn't.

I'd also suggest that telling a poster that providing more information
is more likely to lead to an answer is an implicit request for more
information, which seems obvious to me.

> If you aren't interested in answering the question, then don't bother
> posting.

... Hrm.

Dave

Re: [OT] RE: That doesn't work ...

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: [OT] RE: That doesn't work ...

Posted by CHARLIER Cyril <cy...@gmail.com>.
Dave Newton a écrit :
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
>
>> If you were interested in answering the question, you should have
>> asked for more information. Instead, you called the OT an idiot.
>>

> Actually, I suggested the poster to encapsulate the question and provide
> enough information to allow people to answer it without having to
> investigate further than the post, which in this case would have been
> trivial.
>
> It is a rare occasion that I will call people names and I take umbrage
> at the suggestion that that is what I did, because clearly, I didn't.
>
> I'd also suggest that telling a poster that providing more information
> is more likely to lead to an answer is an implicit request for more
> information, which seems obvious to me.
>

>> If you aren't interested in answering the question, then don't bother
>> posting.
>>

> ... Hrm.
>
> Dave

Thank you for your comments and sorry with my poor information for my
problem.
I start with NetBeans (Before i was with Eclipse) and Struts (Before I
used my own framework).

I would write more information with my next problem ;-)

--
Cyril