Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/12 22:38:15 UTC

[hbase-user] Experts wanted for shortlist

Hi all,

Hbase is a great project and a growing niche.  As it becomes more
popular, there will be increasing demand for experts in the field
which may precipitate consulting gigs, freelance/contract work, and
even salaried positions.

Along those lines, I am compiling a contact list of hbase experts who
may be interested in opportunities under the right circumstances.
This is not to say that you're "actively looking" for another job,
just that you /might/ consider an opportunity, or would at least be
willing to recommend someone else if you were unavailable.

If you'd like to be on the shortlist of hbase experts, please contact
me off-list at: wilson.jim.r@gmail.com

Please be prepared to demonstrate your expertise via any the following
credibility indicators (the more the better):
 * Core-committer status
 * Patches accepted
 * Bugs reported which were either resolved or are still open (that
is, /real/ bugs)
 * Commit access to another open source project which uses hbase
 * Released open-source project which uses hbase (hobby)
 * Articles written about hbase concepts or hbase development
 * Significant contributions to documentation/wiki
 * Other?

I'll be happy to answer any questions, and I look forward to hearing from you!

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)