Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by ossi petz <os...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 16:03:16 UTC

continuum 1.1 together with archiva 1.0 on tomcat 5.5

Hallo

I tried to install both archiva and continuum on the same tomcat 5.5.25
/ Java 1.5

When i only install continuum things work fine. When i only install
archiva things work too.

When i install both continuum and archiva i end up with apache derby
exceptions. archiva starts (i guess its because of its arc..< con..),
continuum cant connect / create the database (see attached stacktrace).

there is only a 'see next error'. i dont fully get the source of the
problem. do i need to copy the derby.jar into each application? or
should i use different resource names in the container configuration?

any hints would be great!
thanks

ossi

Re: continuum 1.1 together with archiva 1.0 on tomcat 5.5

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
You can't use more than one datasource on an embedded db.

I think the exception is on the users db access. I'd recommend to use an external derby server instead of an embedded db.

Emmanuel

Posted by ossi petz <os...@gmail.com>.
cool!

i needed to change the mysql database charset to latin1 (see other
discussion on mysql 5.0)

thanks!
regards

ossi

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

--
Brett Porter

Re: continuum 1.1 together with archiva 1.0 on tomcat 5.5

Posted by ossi petz <os...@hallo.ms>.
Hallo

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

--
Brett Porter

Re: continuum 1.1 together with archiva 1.0 on tomcat 5.5

Posted by Ingo Siebert <in...@cas.de>.
Hi Ossi,