Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Merten Schumann <Me...@asg.com> on 2005/03/15 12:45:08 UTC

environment entries for web services, where to specify?

Hello,

I'm wondering how to add environment entries to web applications in
Axis.

I mean entries like this
   <env-entry>
   <env-entry-name>TestEnvironmentEntry</env-entry-name>
   <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
   <env-entry-value>this is the value!</env-entry-value>
   </env-entry>
which you could then in a web service client read by
  Context environment=(Context)initial.lookup("java:comp/env");
  (String)environment.lookup("TestEnvironmentEntry");

I could do this in web.xml, if I create my web service utilizing the
"add Axis to your own Webapp" approach.

But how to do this in the "traditional" way, if I put my web service to
the Axis web app? Do I have to add the <env-entry> stuff to Axis'
web.xml too? That would be not that nice, I mean, for a bunch of web
services deployed in the same Axis web app, the environment entries
could collide ... I checked the WSDD description, seems there's no room
for that environment stuff.

Thanx!
   Merten