Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Doğacan Güney <do...@agmlab.com> on 2007/02/15 12:07:44 UTC

lib-http crawl-delay problem

Hi,

There seems to be two small bugs in lib-http's RobotRulesParser.

First is about reading crawl-delay. The code doesn't check for addRules,
so the nutch bot will get the crawl-delay value of another robot's
crawl-delay in robots.txt. Let me try to be more clear:

Crawl-delay: 3600

Disallow:

In such a robots.txt file, nutch bot will get 3600 as its crawl-delay
value, no matter what nutch bot's name actually is.

Second is about main method. RobotRulesParser.main advertises its usage
as "<robots-file> <url-file> <agent-name>+" but if you give it more than
one agent time it refuses it.

Trivial patch attached.

--
Doğacan Güney