Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Milton <mi...@dataserviceshawaii.com> on 2000/11/21 00:40:07 UTC

iis5 plugin and tc3.2.b7

Hi there!
I have been testing the TC3.2.b7 and the accompanied isapi_redirect.dll with w2k
server (sp1).  TC has been running real smooth as a standalone.  With iis5 and
the plugin, static stuff is real fast.  Great job on new virutal host using host
names or ips.  Have not run into any problems so far.

Here is the only problem I have with the plug in:
A response.sendRedirect(<url>) in the jsp code takes about 1 minute to get to
iis5.  Here is the scenario:
1. iis5log: GET /cart.jsp to isapi.dll - This jsp performs an update then does a
response.sendRedirect() to itself with diff parameters.
---- after 1 minute ----
2. iis5log: GET /cart.jsp to isapi.dll - This part handled the sendRedirect.
Instant reponse.

I reviewed the isapi detailed trace log and no errors.  There were no timestamps
in the log so I don't know where it stalled out.  TC standalone processes these
2 gets in 1 second which is normal

The cart.jsp code looks like this.
Begin of cart.jsp
debug.print(in cart time)
if param.action == buy then
   update the cart
   response.sendRedirect("cart.jsp?action=display")
   debug.print(redirect time)
   return
endif

End of cart.jsp

I put debug statements to trace the action at jsp entry and within the buy
logic.  It took about 1 minute after the response.sendRedirect command was exec
and the next entry into this jsp.  This corresponds to the web server log.
Please check it out and email me if you need me to provide more info or
whatever.

Thanks for the great job you folks are doing.

Thanks
Milton - milton@dataserviceshawaii.com
Data Services of Hawaii, Inc.
1312 Kaumualii Street #A