Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mike Leonardo <mi...@ifactory.com> on 2012/01/26 17:52:41 UTC

Dynamically contributing a ServletContextListener

Hi,

I'm working with integrating WURFL into my Tapestry app but I need to conditionally add WURFL's ServletContextListener through Tapestry but I can't figure out the right "hooks" or contribution that would make this possible. I want to avoid anything in my web.xml since my project is also used as a library for other projects with their own web.xml files overriding this one.

Is it possible to contribute a ServletContextListener through AppModule in some way?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Leonardo
Senior Software Engineer
iFactory, A Division of RDW Group, Inc.
Innovative, inspiring, intelligent interactive solutions
for the world’s leading institutions

33 Farnsworth Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
Main: 617.426.8600
Direct: 617.235.5852
Fax: 617.426. 0539
www.ifactory.com
@iFactoryBoston

Re: Dynamically contributing a ServletContextListener

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Nice to see iFactory participating on the user mailing list!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Dynamically contributing a ServletContextListener

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:52:41 -0200, Mike Leonardo <mi...@ifactory.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi, Mike!

> I'm working with integrating WURFL into my Tapestry app but I need to
> conditionally add WURFL's ServletContextListener through Tapestry but I
> can't figure out the right "hooks" or contribution that would make this
> possible. I want to avoid anything in my web.xml since my project is
> also used as a library for other projects with their own web.xml files
> overriding this one.
> Is it possible to contribute a ServletContextListener through AppModule
> in some way?

I'd try adding an HttpServletRequestFilter (before:*) which calls (or not,
depending on the needed logic) the contextInitialized() method of WIRFL's
ServletContextListener implemention just once in the webapp lifetime.

Cheers!

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor