Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/12 17:31:59 UTC

Re: Strange issue with Signing Atom Entry Documents using Abdera

I'm cc'ing this over to the Abdera-dev mailing list.

- James

Posted by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com>.
James M Snell wrote:
> I'm cc'ing this over to the Abdera-dev mailing list.
>
> - James
>
> ap wrote:
>> Not sure if this is the right group to post to and I realize it may be
>> a long shot but I'm running out of options. Anyway, here's an
>> explanation of the issue I'm having re: Signing using Apache Abdera:
>>
>> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Application_Servers/Q_23891982.html
>>

>> Any clues, advise, suggestions, recommendations welcome.

It appears that all the signature action happens in xmlsec-*.jar. I
suggest you check your Tomcat tree for different versions of that jar.
Abdera currently uses version 1.3 (xmlsec-1.3.0.jar) which appears to be
rather old. It's possible that they made a change in their
canonicalization code, which could cause the issue you're seeing.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find this issue reported anywhere
against xmlsec.

Please note that I'm not subscribed to the google-feedserver group, an I
won't see responses posted there. I suggest we discuss this on abdera-dev.

Jim