Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ka...@bmwmcext.com on 2003/10/28 22:14:36 UTC

dynamic drop-down changes without calling action class using session

Hi,
   I am having trouble when I try to use struts and Javascript together. =
I am using 4 dropdown list. Based on one selection dynamically change =
other drop- down list. Eventhough I am bringing all drop-list from DB at =
one time and stored in session. I would like to know how to synchronize =
without calling action class again.=20

   In advance I appreciate your help..

Thanks,
Kaja

Re: dynamic drop-down changes without calling action class using session

Posted by "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>.
You'll have to do more than store the data for your drop-down in the
session, if you don't want another request to go to the server - you'll
have to store all the data for your drop-downs in JavaScript and use
JavaScript to dynamically populate the drop-downs as selections change.

Kaja.Mohideen@bmwmcext.com wrote:

>Hi,
>   I am having trouble when I try to use struts and Javascript together. =
>I am using 4 dropdown list. Based on one selection dynamically change =
>other drop- down list. Eventhough I am bringing all drop-list from DB at =
>one time and stored in session. I would like to know how to synchronize =
>without calling action class again.=20
>
>   In advance I appreciate your help..
>
>Thanks,
>Kaja