Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 23:07:30 UTC

ExceptionInInitializerError on WebParam

I'm sending this message in case someone can point me at a doorway to summer.

Somehow, one of my co-workers has contrived to get Java to throw an
ExceptionInInitializerError when CXF/Aegis calls the class loader to
load up the Class object for java.jws.WebParam. I'm very much
perplexed as to how that annotation class could have an initializer
that could throw an exception!

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Re: ExceptionInInitializerError on WebParam

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 16 November 2010 5:07:30 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> I'm sending this message in case someone can point me at a doorway to
> summer.
>
> Somehow, one of my co-workers has contrived to get Java to throw an
> ExceptionInInitializerError when CXF/Aegis calls the class loader to
> load up the Class object for java.jws.WebParam. I'm very much
> perplexed as to how that annotation class could have an initializer
> that could throw an exception!
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this?

No idea.   WebParam itself is just an interface with no statics.   Thus, it
doesn't even have an initializer.   WebParam$Mode is an enum which does have a
static initializer, but it's very basic.   Basically just calls the
Mode(String) constructor for the various modes and sets the values array for
it.   Very standard enum stuff.

Basically, I have NO idea. (unless you are on google app engine which
disallows certain classes.   It blocking it MAY result in strange exceptions)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org