Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/23 05:53:13 UTC

Trunk clean-up?

There are a few small errors in the trunk and some and some
folders/files that would need to be ignore from svn. I could easily
write up a patch to clean it up (I like my source tree all clean and
nice so nothing would mask the real errors), but would the committers
accept it, and if so, should I open an issue for each of them
separately or one for all? It'd cut down on bureaucracy if somebody
with commit rights would do them directly. Here's a few for reference:

- package-info.java in shiro-core/src/main/java/org/apache/shiro needs
to declare org.apache.shiro (not org.shiro).
- all target folders need to be added to svn:ignore
- IDE specific files should be added to svn:ignore
- why is javadoc generated as part of regular install goal?

Kalle

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
I created the patch with Tortoise since it was dealing with multiple
modules - do install it, the interface is very nice. Command-line,
IDE-specific and TortoiseSVN should all work together - I use them all
depending on the task at hand.

Kalle

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Sounds good - I applied it :)

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Kalle,

Thanks again - I'm grateful for anything you're willing to contribute!
 Please feel free to do the same for any tests or anything else you
feel might be improved.

- Les

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk clean-up?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Kalle,

I'd be happy to add any patches you might be able to contribute.  I
agree that there is still some cleanup left like what you recommend.
I think it might make more sense to include these as patches to
different Jira issues just in case one or more of them need to be
discussed first.

As for the javadoc, I just added that back really quickly before our
first maven deployment to ensure that it would be uploaded.  For some
reason the previous configuration didn't seem to be generating it at
all.  Where should it go?  I personally don't really care how it is
defined as long as it is generated and uploaded each time a deployment
is done.  Any patches/recommendations for that?

Cheers,

Les