Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Malimpensa Stefano 356727/IF <ma...@dei.unipd.it> on 2000/02/16 16:32:26 UTC

Problems with images

I tryed to compile jai-patch using last cvs sources
and fop-0.12.0-src. When I run generation of pdf I caught
this kind of errors:
- if image is a bmp format pdf generation is wrong
- if image is a jpeg or gif format fop says: "unsupported bmp format"

Can you explain me the exact steps to include images in a pdf?
I need only JAI from sun or other packages are required?

What are formats that current cvs support? ie a bmp with 256 colors
or another format?

Last question: have you ever tried to use ghostview or xpdf to
view a fop generated pdf? Ghostview 3.5.8 doesn't render anything and Xpdf
dumps...

Stefano Malimpensa

Ingegneria Informatica
University of Padua - Italy

web pages: http://www.dei.unipd.it/~malimpen
           http://chiara.dei.unipd.it/~malimpen

Re: Problems with images

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <Fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> Last question: have you ever tried to use ghostview or xpdf to
> view a fop generated pdf? Ghostview 3.5.8 doesn't render anything and Xpdf
> dumps...

http://xml.apache.org/fop/bugs.html

Fotis