Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jens J Parappallil <je...@ibsplc.com> on 2014/07/14 09:22:41 UTC

karaf command-bundle - Error executing command: Unable to find property descriptor

Hi,

I have deployed a karaf command bundle as shown below .

<command-bundle xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/shell/v1.1.0">
        <command>
            <action class="distribution.commands.HistoryCommand">
                <property name="manager" ref="deploymentManager"/>
            </action>
        </command>

The issue is when executing the command I am getting the below error :

Error executing command: Unable to find property descriptor manager on class distribution.commands.HistoryCommand .

The property "manager" is present in the super class which has default visibility. In this case aries blueprint is not able to set the property. Should I make the super class public or is this the intended behaviour.

Thanks
Jens

DISCLAIMER: "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

RE: karaf command-bundle - Error executing command: Unable to find property descriptor

Posted by Jens J Parappallil <je...@ibsplc.com>.
No, setter and getter are on the super class of HistoryCommand.

public class HistoryCommand extends AbstractCommand {

}

Abstract class AbstractCommand extends OsgiCommandSupport{

Public void setManager(Manager m){
}

Public Manager getManager(){
}

}

I have fixed the issue by declaring AbstractCommand as public

Public abstract class AbstractCommand extends OsgiCommandSupport {
}

Regards
Jens

do you have getManager() and setManager() methods on the HistoryCommand ?

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré