Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2003/11/26 07:57:35 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server mpm_common.c

* trawick@apache.org wrote:

>   Add fatal exception hook for use by debug modules.  The hook is only
>   available if the --enable-exception-hook configure parm is used.
>
>   Sample users at http://httpd.apache.org/~trawick/exception_hook.html

>   +[
>   +    AC_DEFINE(AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK, 1,
>   +              [Allow modules to run hook after a fatal exception])
>   +])dnl
>   +

there's a dnl too much.

Docs note: The "on test systems only" sentence should appear in a big
warning box (with red letters :-). Perhaps this should be reflected in the
configure help itself.

nd

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server mpm_common.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> writes:

> * trawick@apache.org wrote:
>
> >   Add fatal exception hook for use by debug modules.  The hook is only
> >   available if the --enable-exception-hook configure parm is used.
> >
> >   Sample users at http://httpd.apache.org/~trawick/exception_hook.html
>
> >   +[
> >   +    AC_DEFINE(AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK, 1,
> >   +              [Allow modules to run hook after a fatal exception])
> >   +])dnl
> >   +
>
> there's a dnl too much.

I'll remove it; I don't know why there is dnl after some other
AC_ARG_ENABLE() invocations.  Do you know by any chance?

> Docs note: The "on test systems only" sentence should appear in a big
> warning box (with red letters :-). Perhaps this should be reflected in the
> configure help itself.

That doc, and especially that comment, refers only to those sample
modules.  Probably I would remove the "on test systems only" comment
if I get time to review mod_whatkilledus closely.  For quite a while
it had some assumptions of non-threaded MPM, and I don't recall how
much testing it had after I removed those assumptions, hence the
comment ;)  Meanwhile, forcing a segfault (via a special request
handled by a special module) while the worker MPM is under load yields
no surprises.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server mpm_common.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.