Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com> on 2003/04/10 22:38:19 UTC

Possible bug in JLoginUser

Hello!

I think I've found a bug but, before I report it, I wanted to 1) verify that
it's a bug and not user error, and 2) see if anyone's already patched it.
(It looks pretty obvious, so I would be somewhat surprised if it wasn't
already known.)

The problem occurs when a user attempts to create a new account with email
verification turned on.  If they ignore the button at the account creation
page that takes them to the confirmation screen, and they ignore the link in
the confirmation email, and attempt to log in using the form in the "not
logged in" top nav, Jetspeed throws a JasperException.  (This was my very
first user--this job would be so much easier if it weren't for the users.)

Examination of the log reveals a few interesting clues, including the
following:

1) After searching all of the permutations of user psml locations,
PSMLManager gives up and returns a null document.  I'm using role-based psml
exclusively, so I'm not sure if this is by design.

2) BaseJetspeedLink logs this warning: "profile in rundata was null".

This is all very strange, as I would have expected the user to be redirected
to the confirmation screen, rather than the screen that displays
default.psml.

I think the relevant lines in JLoginUser are as follows:

String secretkey = (String) data.getParameters().getString("secretkey",
null);
If ( secretkey != null)
{

This code seems to assume that the attribute "secretkey" will be present in
the request if an unconfirmed user is attempting to log on.  If this isn't
the case, the screen isn't set properly and Bad Things happen.

While I could modify the login form to supply an empty (and thus incorrect)
secretkey, that seems like a bit of a hack to me.  The best way, I think,
would be to fix JLoginUser.

Has anyone else encountered this?

-- Michael

New Portlets

Posted by Sangam Dash <sr...@rippleimpact.com>.
Hi

Can i install new portlets in Jetspeed without updating the whole
jetspeed like we can do it in WebSphere portal where you take a portlet
war file and install it in the portal?
If yes is there any documentation how to do it?
I dont mind doing it manually even if you cant do it from the admin
controller.
thanks
sangam dash