Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Nick R. Katsipoulakis" <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/09 22:02:15 UTC

Difference between an assignable and an available slot

Hello all,

I was going through the backtype.storm.scheduler package and I came across
class Cluster. What is the difference between the following two methods:

Cluster.getAssignableSlots(SupervisorDetails supervisor)  and

Cluster.getAvailableSlots(SupervisorDetails supervisor)

Also, if an executor thread is assigned to a WorkerSlot returned by
getAvailableSlots(), can another executor thread be assigned to the same
WorkerSlot returned by the getAssignableSlots()?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Difference between an assignable and an available slot

Posted by Rudraneel chakraborty <ru...@gmail.com>.
Yeah , a slot is basically a worker process exposed by a supervisor daemon
running on some node

Posted by "Nick R. Katsipoulakis" <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rudraneel chakraborty <ru...@gmail.com>.