Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 16:34:28 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Would we be interested in taking over the launcher from Apache Sling ?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question to discuss right now is: What is the general opinion of the
> Felix community to eventually take over the Sling launchpad/base [3]
> module as a generic loader for standalone and web application
> environments over to the Apache Felix project ?

Hi Felix,

I have two question about the Sling launcher.

I understand that karaf is not just a launcher. As it's part of Felix
project, the Sling launcher may have something in common with karaf's
launcher in main module for general OSGi runtime launch purpose.
What's the difference between Sling launchpad/base and Felix Karaf?

HTTP Service just a standard service exposed by some bundle in my opinion.
How the web application related to the launcher?

It's worth to have an official launcher including script for server
oriented deployment from Felix project to meet the requirement such as
Karaf and Sling project.

Thanks!

-Guo