Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Aurelien Pernoud <ap...@sopragroup.com> on 2003/02/12 15:55:24 UTC

URI / setDocumentCharset, setProtocolCharset

Hi there,

wow I was afraid, when I saw my native language accents (god damn them when
you program ;)) were again (the first time wasn't from httpclient) changed
to UTF-8 !
Then I looked into the code, and found the URI class.

I just wanted to be sure of what I'm doing. In my webapp, we're supposed to
use ISO-8859-15 (extension of 8859-1 that has the Euro char between others),
so here's what I've done in my connectionmanager creation (I use this
connectionmanager for every request):

try
{
	URI.setProtocolCharset("ISO-8859-1");
}
catch (Exception ignored)
{}

It seems to resolve my trouble once for all, but do I have to do it too for
setDocumentCharset (in another try/catch) ? Without changing anything it is
set to ISO-889-1 and it works... don't know exactly which one does what ?

Thx for help,
Aurelien Pernoud

Re: URI / setDocumentCharset, setProtocolCharset

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'm sorry...
That was reported long time ago...