Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bob Morley <rm...@emforium.com> on 2009/10/26 20:59:41 UTC

Java warnings in Eclipse

One of the frequent complaints we have in our office is the huge number of
java problems that are reported on the Ofbiz source code in Eclipse.  A few
people have asked me about the best approach to fixing them and getting them
back into Ofbiz (in fact someone just said to me "these are driving me crazy
I want to fix them all").

So the question is a) if we were to do this would be be able to get it
contributed into the product and b) what is the best way to contribute these
back so that we are not too granular, but we do not provide a huge set of
files to commit.

We have someone chomping on the bit to fix up all of these things; so if we
can get consensus we can get 'er done!

Thoughts?

Re: Java warnings in Eclipse

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
I don't think any special handling is needed for these. The normal
create a patch and attach it to a Jira issue should be fine.

And yes, I agree that putting them in larger batches (ie patch files
with a larger number of changes) would be good, and is typical for
things like this (like i18n stuff for example with lots of label
changes in a single patch).

-David

Re: Java warnings in Eclipse

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.