Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Suresh Tummala [TEMP]" <Su...@Sun.COM> on 2001/04/19 01:22:43 UTC

reg fonts for fop for internationalisation

Hi Kelly,
I am using fop0.18.1. I looked into CID-fonts.fo file.I can't download MSGothic
because it is an exe(My machine is Solaris 7).I downloaded Cyberbit.ttf from net
and done all the required changes and  ran fop using -c conf/userconfig.xml  for
modified CID-fonts.fo (font name is Cyberbit instead of MSGothic).
In generated pdf file there is  blank in japanese characters place.
I tried with some other .ttf fonts from net.The result is same(blanks).I am
attaching all files.

My application should support not only japanese ,but also all major charsets in
Europe and in Asia.

Can you tell me from where can I download the requred fonts for
internatiolisation of the application.

I hope and looking positively for your's reply with out missing ,for which I
shall be grateful to you.

Thanks
Suresh.
ph no 510 574 9879.

Re: reg fonts for fop for internationalisation

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
"Suresh Tummala [TEMP]" wrote:

> Hi Kelly,
> I am using fop0.18.1. I looked into CID-fonts.fo file.I can't download MSGothic
> because it is an exe(My machine is Solaris 7).

Suresh,

The MS fonts are actually usable.  The exe file is, from memory, a
self-extracting zip file, and can be unravelled using unzip on a unix
box.  Don't quote me on the details, but search for something like `true
type fonts linux exe'; that's how I first came across the information.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"

Re: reg fonts for fop for internationalisation

Posted by Tore Engvig <te...@infostream.no>.

What version of Acrobat Reader do you use?
For fop0.18.1 to work with embedded TrueType fonts you have to use
at least Acrobat Reader 4.05. The other versions don't display the fonts.
If you check out the latest cvs version, you probably can use Acrobat
Reader 4.0.

Tore