Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/07/03 09:20:19 UTC

Apache PDFBox July 2013 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month.

Any comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.

After adding Maruan Sahyoun and Thomas Chojecki to our ranks in the last
quarter there weren't any changes this time.

364 subscribers on the user@ list
156 subscribers on the dev@ list

Releases
--------

Version 1.8.2 was released on 2th of june 2013

1.8.2 is an incremental bugfix release based on PDFBox 1.8.x.

Development:
------------

We are now using the Apache CMS for our website. Thanks to Maruan Sahyoun and
Joe Schaefer the migration went smooth without any issues.

A discussion about a new major release of PDFBox just started. We already
gathered a lot of ideas of possible changes, such as

- switch to java 1.6
- modularization
- replace/enhance the parser
- refactor the underlying COS model
- code cleanup

</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

RE: Apache PDFBox July 2013 board report due

Posted by Leleu Eric <Er...@atos.net>.
+1

BR,
Eric

> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to
> submit this month.
>
> Any comments, objections or additions?
>

> <draft>
>
> The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with
> PDF documents.
>

> General Comments
> ----------------
>
> There are no issues that require Board attention.
>

> Community
> ---------
>
> There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the community.
>
> After adding Maruan Sahyoun and Thomas Chojecki to our ranks in the
> last quarter there weren't any changes this time.
>
> 364 subscribers on the user@ list
> 156 subscribers on the dev@ list
>
> Releases
> --------
>
> Version 1.8.2 was released on 2th of june 2013
>
> 1.8.2 is an incremental bugfix release based on PDFBox 1.8.x.
>

> Development:
> ------------
>
> We are now using the Apache CMS for our website. Thanks to Maruan Sahyoun and Joe Schaefer the migration went smooth without any issues.
>
> A discussion about a new major release of PDFBox just started. We
> already gathered a lot of ideas of possible changes, such as
>
> - switch to java 1.6
> - modularization
> - replace/enhance the parser
> - refactor the underlying COS model
> - code cleanup
>
> </draft>
>
> BR
> Andreas Lehmkühler

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité d'Atos ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Re: Apache PDFBox July 2013 board report due

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Hai Nguyen FUB <ha...@fu-berlin.de>.
Dear Andreas,

thanks!

+1.

--hai

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
Hi,

Posted by rey malahay <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but
recovered from them. - Bono

Re: Apache PDFBox July 2013 board report due

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 03.07.2013 11:09, schrieb Thomas Chojecki:
> Hi,
> I've noticed that in the development section the bouncy castle update is
> missing. Due to the interface changes, this is worth mentioning I think.
Good point, I'll add it before submitting the report.

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Hi,