Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by snowcrash+spamassassin <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/14 04:11:50 UTC

any TextWrapError follow-up?

i've come across this issue,

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TextWrapError

where it's noted that the bug was reported to the TextWrap author.

is this being followed up one at all by anyone here?

anyone have a bug reference for the issue @ TextWrap?

thanks.

Re: any TextWrapError follow-up?

Posted by Nix <ni...@esperi.org.uk>.
On 14 Dec 2006, Theo Van Dinter uttered the following:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 07:11:50PM -0800, snowcrash+spamassassin wrote:
>> where it's noted that the bug was reported to the TextWrap author.
>> anyone have a bug reference for the issue @ TextWrap?
>
> If you follow from the wiki page to the bugzilla listing, there's a link to
> the Text::Wrap RT entry: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=20657
>
>:)   No updates since the summer.

About two items down my todo list is fixing the damn thing myself and
sending the patch to the author...

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'

Re: any TextWrapError follow-up?

Posted by snowcrash+spamassassin <sc...@gmail.com>.
> I'd say make sure you have something newer than that and try it again.  If you
> still have problems, please reopen bug 5052 w/ the Text::Wrap and SA versions.

yup. too old.

i'm co'ing current @ (Revision: 486953) which should do the trick.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 07:11:50PM -0800, snowcrash+spamassassin wrote:
> where it's noted that the bug was reported to the TextWrap author.
> anyone have a bug reference for the issue @ TextWrap?

If you follow from the wiki page to the bugzilla listing, there's a link to
the Text::Wrap RT entry: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=20657

:)   No updates since the summer.

FWIW, we've put in a patch for 3.1.8 which works around the issue by silencing
the warning message.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"you might be a sys admin if you see the bumper sticker 'users are losers'