Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Lynette Halka-Peel <lp...@hsmclothes.com> on 2006/12/13 23:17:53 UTC

Can Jetspeed 2 integrate with legacy components?

Is it possible to use existing shopping cart software such as Zen Cart
or OSCommerce within Jetspeed 2?  I prefer to use J2EE based source code
for maintenance, but have trouble finding open source.  Even if I did
find a J2EE/struts based shopping cart, Would I have to convert it using
the bridge component?

Maybe I have to write a shopping cart from scratch using Jetspeed 2?
Maybe I'm just better off using OFBIZ for this client?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender of the error and delete the message.

Re: Can Jetspeed 2 integrate with legacy components?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Lynette Halka-Peel wrote:
> Is it possible to use existing shopping cart software such as Zen Cart
> or OSCommerce within Jetspeed 2?  I prefer to use J2EE based source code
> for maintenance, but have trouble finding open source.  Even if I did
> find a J2EE/struts based shopping cart, Would I have to convert it using
> the bridge component?
>
> Maybe I have to write a shopping cart from scratch using Jetspeed 2?
> Maybe I'm just better off using OFBIZ for this client?
>
> Thanks for your help and suggestions!

we have bridges for struts and jsf apps to run inside a portal
see http://portals.apache.org/bridges/

we also have iframe and web content portlets, including SSO, for
including any web application in a portlet