Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 20:02:39 UTC

Maven Tomcat 7 plugin - changing war name

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the tomcat7 plugin to work.  I want to change the
name of the war file.  When I call

mvn tomcat7:deploy-only

It looks for war file   XXX-YYY.war, where XXX is the artifactId and YYY is
the version name.

I'd rather use a different, simpler WAR file name "myapp".  It's used
elsewhere in the site.  But neither of these two things changes the war
name that the plugin is looking for.

<properties>
    <project.build.finalName>simulate</project.build.finalName>
</properties>

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
  <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <configuration>
    <warName>myapp.war</warName>
    <path>/myapp</path>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

Any suggestions?  Or is this just not yet implemented.

WILL

Re: Maven Tomcat 7 plugin - changing war name

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Ahh, I didn't specify "target".  Shouldn''t it be assumed?  When  build the
war, it automatically goes there.

WILL

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick response.  I wasn't initially sure of the status (the
original Maven plugin doesn't work with Tomcat 7, so this is definitely
needed.  Now I see it's under development.

I'll file an issue.

WILL

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.