Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Chris Trezzo <ct...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/07 08:28:43 UTC

Build failure in DataBinding module

Hey Everyone,

I have attempted a build of the Tuscany trunk code using revision
653996.
I am following the development guide [1], and simply running the mvn
command in the /java/sca directory.
I encountered an IllegalArgumentException during the
SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase.
Below is the trace that I received for the failure [2].

Am I doing something silly or should I open a JIRA?

Thanks for the help.
Chris Trezzo

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-development-guide.html

[2]
Running
org
.apache
.tuscany.sca.databinding.extension.SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.014
sec <<< FAILURE!
testMap
(org
.apache
.tuscany.sca.databinding.extension.SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase)
Time elapsed: 0.011 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: --02
	at
com
.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl
$Parser.read(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:2810)
	at
com
.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl
$Parser.skip(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:2816)
	at
com
.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl
$Parser.parse(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:2740)
	at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal
.jaxp
.datatype
.XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.<init>(XMLGregorianCalendarImpl.java:440)
	at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal
.jaxp
.datatype
.DatatypeFactoryImpl.newXMLGregorianCalendar(DatatypeFactoryImpl.java:
224)
	at
org
.apache
.tuscany
.sca
.databinding
.impl.SimpleTypeMapperImpl.toJavaObject(SimpleTypeMapperImpl.java:330)
	at
org
.apache
.tuscany
.sca
.databinding
.extension
.SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase
.testMap(SimpleTypeMapperExtensionTestCase.java:113)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
	at
org
.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:
35)
	at
org
.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:
62)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.surefire
.suite
.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite
.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.surefire
.suite
.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:
308)
	at
org
.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:
879)

Results :

Tests in error:

Re: Build failure in DataBinding module

Posted by Chris Trezzo <ct...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

It took a couple of times to download some of the dependencies for the
wsdl2java tool, but eventually all were downloaded.

I did not run into any other issues using mvn -fae clean install.

Thanks for the response.
Chris

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris