Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Morris Jones <mo...@whiteoaks.com> on 2010/03/05 20:12:18 UTC

Maven cxf-codegen-plugin fails with two or more executions

Hi,

In my API project I have five WSDL files with five <execution/> elements
in the pom, using the codegen plugin (wsdl2java).

Something in my Ubuntu environment causes the generate-sources phase to
fail with this error:

Could not find any node with the XPath expression:
//wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xs:schema[@targetNamespace='http://api.example.com/services/v01']

I've tried isolating each of the five <execution/> elements, and any one
of them generates code successfully.  If I uncomment any two elements,
then I get the failure.

It gives the appearance of something failing to be cleaned up between
wsdl2java executions.  Maybe even a Spring issue.  I'm using Maven
2.2.1, Java 1.6.0_18, and I've built cxf from the trunk snapshot to see
it happening with it too.

Annoyingly the build succeeds on Windows, so it has to be something
environmental.  I've tried boosting the heap and permgen space for Maven
in the theory that an underlying error was being masked, to no effect.

Any avenues of investigation welcome ...

Mojo
--
Morris Jones
Monrovia, CA

Re: Maven cxf-codegen-plugin fails with two or more executions

Posted by Morris Jones <mo...@whiteoaks.com>.
To follow up on my post (since no one else has) ...

The environment issue which causes this problem turns out to be the
latest release of Java 1.6.0_18.  Rolling back to point release 16
solves the issue.

Unfortunately release 16 has some breakpoint/debug issues that I'll have
to live with.

Mojo